The chairman, Kannywood Guild of Artistes, Alhassan Kwalle, on Monday said the indigenous Hausa movie industry won’t ban Maryam Booth over her leaked nude video which went viral on social media platforms last week.
Speaking in a telephone interview with Daily Trust, Kwalle said unlike what happened in the past involving another actress, Maryam Iyana, that led to her ban from the industry, Maryam Booth case was different as it was deliberately meant to blackmail her.
He lamented over the negative way Kannywood artistes are being perceived in the society, blaming that for the ordeal many of the actresses usually suffer in events like this.
He alleged that the person that captured the video purposely released it after he threatened her to give him some undisclosed amount of money to take his ailing mother to hospital.
Kwalle promised that the industry will support Maryam Booth in her trying moment until she gets justice.
As a leader in this industry, I am always surprised at the way the public is looking at us. Just recently, before this issue involving this young lady came up, many had happened that were even worse but it didn’t get to the public domain as this one.
“What happened to this girl everyone knows that the video was mischievously taken to blackmail her, not that she was doing a film or sort.
“She tried to take action about it immediately but the guy that did it acted as if he had deleted the video and for over three years he has been using that to extort money from her under threat that he will release the video until he eventually released it on Friday.
“Recently, he called and said he wants to take his mother to hospital and that she should give him money but she refused; that was why he decided to release the nude video,” Kwalle said.
He said two people, a male and female, are being suspected for releasing the video.
Asked if the state government has some reservations about the purported video, the Executive Secretary, Kano state Censorship Board, Malam Ismail Na’abba Afakallah, said their concern is only with the contents meant for public consumption, not clips meant for blackmail.
Afakallah said though he is yet to see the video, however, judging from what people are saying, there was no proof that suggests that the said video was deliberately captured either as a pornographic film or something that could warrant sanction against the 26-year-old actress.
Daily Trust had earlier reported that Maryam Booth confirmed that one Ibrahim Ahmad Rufai, popularly known as Deezell, who allegedly leaked the video was her ex-lover. Deezell has denied the allegation.
Maryam had said that the former boyfriend had severally threatened to blackmail her by leaking her nude video if she didn’t give him an undisclosed amount of money.
“Naira Marley is indeed the Fela of our time,” says Nigerian journalist
Nigerian journalist and TV presenter, @iamokon has taken to Twitter commend singer, Naira Marley for being patriotic as he describes him the ‘Fela’ of today.
Okon likened Naira to Fela because he was ready to take the forefront in the campaign against police brutality, before the Nigerian police force pleaded with him to cancel the protest.
Recall that, Naira Marley earlier cancelled #EndSars protest scheduled to hold today Tuesday, October 6th.
This came after a statement was made by the Inspector General of Police, as he inform Nigerian youths that their voices and complaints on the issues of unprofessional conducts by some SARS operatives would been heard very loudly and clearly.
Ogun State governor appoints Laycon as Youth Ambassador, gifts him N5million and a house (Video)
The Executive Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun (MFR), has appointed big brother Naija ‘lockdown’ winner, Laycon, as the Youth Ambassado and Member of Ogun State Executive Council.
The governor also announced a gift of three bedroom bungalow and N5million for the singer who was received by a mammoth crowd yesterday at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Wizkid finally set to drop “Made In Lagos” album on the 15th of October
Nigerian singer, Ayo Balogun, popularly known by his stage name Wizkid appears to finally be ready to drop his much anticipated album, “Made In Lagos”.
The star boy, took to his official Instagram page to announce that he will be releasing a track off the album by 12pm today, September 17th, 2020.
Wizkid who has been talking about his next big studio album since 2018 and how he has poured his heart into the project, posted a snippet of the new album and wrote,
Entertainment10 months ago
Popular Hausa Actress, Maryam Booth Naked Video Leaked On Social Media
Education9 months ago
See Video Of Female Secondary School Student Spotted Giving Male Classmate Lap Dance
Entertainment8 months ago
BREAKING: Lockdown: Police Arrest Funke Akindele Over House Party
News10 months ago
BREAKING: Robbers Attack Bank In Ondo, Kill Customers, Escape With Bag Full Of Money
News10 months ago
BREAKING: Bomb Explosion Rocks Ekiti Govt Secretariat (Photos)
News8 months ago
Juventus’ Midfielder Paulo Dybala And His Girlfriend Test Positive For Coronavirus
Entertainment9 months ago
See how Ini Edo, Mercy Eke, Moet Abebe others lightened up Instagram with racy red lingerie on Valentine’s Day (Photos)
News7 months ago
HAPPENING NOW: Serious Tension In Ojodu Berger Axis As Cultist Strike